After a serious spring clean, I accidentally reversed all my good clear out work by buying a few treats to get me into the new season. Although I am a complete shopaholic, I sadly do not have the budget I so desire. I thought I would share some of my favourite recent buys, all under £30 to give a guilt-free shop (kind of..)
1. I was just about finished my usual YSL Babydoll mascara when I was invited to Benefit’s Roller Lash launch in Glasgow. It took me until now to try it out and I have to admit I’m a complete convert to it now. I really notice how much it curls my lashes – and the packaging is 10/10 too!
2. After borrowing my sister’s denim jacket for pretty much the whole summer last year, I decided to invest in my own for SS15 (much to my sister’s relief too). Another H&M buy, it is the perfect fit and a great price compared to other retailers.
3. There’s a reason why New Look have won multiple Best Footwear awards in the past few years. I had to grab this pair of nude strappy sandals as they are a complete dupe of my shoe lust – the Yves Saint Laurent Tribute.
4. It isn’t just my wardrobe getting an update, I thought my room and work space deserved a little Tender Loving Style too! This IKEA plant has given the fresh feel I was looking for – the best part being I don’t even need to remember to water it as it’s plastic!
5. Admittedly, my diet has taken a complete nosedive in the past few months so when better to start trying to get on the healthy eating bandwagon than having summer holiday body aspirations on the mind?! I loved the imagery and easy to understand recipes of this Love Food book and can’t wait to try out some clean eating.
The Clean Eating Kitchen, £3.99 at Dobbies
6. I’m not entirely sure why it has suddenly become so popular, but pineapples are everywhere interior-wise. Primark have not missed out on the fruity fun with this ceramic pineapple candle – stylish and costing less than a sandwich, what’s not to love?
Pineapple candle, £2 at Primark
7. Continuing with Primark’s pineapple loving, I couldn’t help pick up this bargain cushion. Okay, it may not be the most practical thing in the world but it will add a pop of colour to my office chair and keep me thinking of tropical getaways come summer (I wish).
Pineapple cushion, £3 at Primark
8. What do they say again? Three’s a trend? Yes, that is another pinepple – this time in necklace form. After seasons of statement necklaces, I’m quite partial to a trinket necklace which is a little more delicate for spring so this River Island find was a nice little surprise.
9. Forever 21 is the perfect place for a cheap and cheerful mood-booster and they didn’t let me down on my recent visit to the Glasgow store with this colourful wallet. The ‘Je t’aime’ gold lettering gives it a more expensive look and reminds me of Kate Spade’s accessories. I’ll be using it as a travel wallet when I jet off to Marbella later this month.
Wallet, £3.50 at Forever 21
Love, those sandals are insane! So like the YSL tributes! Loving your blog so far beaut, can't wait to see more 🙂 well done! xxx
This is great rachel good luck with your blogging love your layout!! Xx